Delicious Food, Delightful Wine.
Gala Wine Dinner.
Join us this year for the Barons & Potter annual Gala Wine Dinner, presented by The Wine Life and The County Hotel. The perfect mid-Winter event for your social calendar!
Your night of fun & frivolity will include;
* Welcome drink & canapés on your arrival.
* A tasting of the Barons & Potter fine wine collection, while taking a tour of the beautiful County Hotel.
* A stunning three course celebration dinner.
* A cash bar is available for the duration of the night.
* Live music & dancing.
Dress to impress and to have a wonderfully fun & relaxed night. Just $95 per person.
Call or Email our team for more information:
06 835 7800 or 0800 THE HOTEL.
Order of Service
ORDER OF SERVICE
6.00pm Welcome French Bubbles with Canapés in the hotel foyer.
6.30pm Enjoy a tasting of the stunning Barons & Potter Wine family while discovering the beautiful interior of The County Hotel.
* Barons & Potter Empress Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough 16
* Barons & Potter Hera Rosé Waipara 16
* Barons & Potter The Marquis Waipara Pinot Noir 16
* Barons & Potter The Count Cabernet Franc Merlot Malbec 14
* Barons & Potter The Countess Reserve Chardonnay 14
7.15pm Dinner commences in Wine Street.
Gala Dinner Menu
Tasting Plate of;
Crispy Tapioca and Soy Pork Belly, with a spicy caramel sauce, on a pear purée, crispy cinnamon
apples and sesame seeds .
Salmon, house smoked, served on an Asian style vermicelli salad, salsa verde.
Scallop, seared with lemon and garlic on a pea purée, wasabi peas, petite salad drizzled with pan sauces
Main course selection.
Beef Fillet Mignon, from Whanganui,(Angus cross Hereford), dauphinoise potato, roasted autumn vegetables, Barons & Potter The Count reduction jus.
Leek & Walnut Tortelli, on a bed of seasonal greens with a lemon & herb beurre blanc.
Pan seared Hapuka, served with dauphinoise potatoes, confit cherry tomatoes, Barons & Potter Empress
lemon caper sauce.
Ultimate Chocolate Delight, dark chocolate brownie, white chocolate mousse, mint & chocolate chip gelato, raspberry and mint coulis .